Facebook is the largest social networking site in the world and recently, it crossed 1 Billion active users. That is an amazing and commendable feat. With the growing number of users, Facebook is going to become a danger for its active users. Out of those 1 Billion users, there may be a lot of spammers and hackers. You may have seen certain spams in Facebook! Spammers may try and hack your account using them and well, there are many techniques by which your account can be hacked, no matter how much settings you have done on your Facebook account.
So, if you have a Facebook account that has a lot of important data of yours, you would never want it to be hacked and your data vanished. You will indeed want to save your social presence on Facebook. So, I have come up with an article which will tell you that how you can back up your Facebook account. Read on!
- Log in on Facebook and click the arrow on the upper right of the page.
- Click on Account Settings.
- Check the options and you will see a Language option. Below the option, you will see Download a Copy link. Click on it.
- On the next page, you will get to know that What’s in your archive? and What’s not in your archive? Click on the green button, Start My Archive.
- A box titled Request My Download will open with the same green button, Start My Archive. Click it.
- The box will be updated with the message “You will receive an email when your archive is ready for download.”
Importance of Backing up Your Facebook Data
As I told above, with the increasing number of Facebook users, Facebook may be beginning to lack security. You would never want to lose your important data if, by any chance, your ID is hacked, so just backup your Facebook data and it will keep you a bit tension-free for your ID because you will now at least have the data which your Facebook ID contains.
Just backup your Facebook data; it is going to take even less than 5 minutes.